Environmental DNA service in the Mining area
The use of environmental DNA tools allows the establishment of biodiversity standards aligned with the ICMM principles of sustainable mining.
1) Avoid or minimize impacts on biodiversity.
2) Restoration and/or compensation of impacts generated through objective measurements.
3) Produce additional environmental benefits in the areas of operation of the companies.
4) Meet specific and measurable environmental objectives, achieving a net positive impact on biodiversity.
• Risk assessment for biodiversity and the environment, exceeding environmental regulations.
• Monitoring and evaluation of post-mine closure ecological restoration, using bacterial community data based on soil samples.
• Periodic monitoring of marine and terrestrial biodiversity, to assess effects on the areas of operation.
• Monitoring flagship species and/or charismatic species.
• Monitoring of bacteria that cause damage to fluid transport pipes.